Thursday, September 26, 2019

The Culprit

Took a ride around the yard in my golf  cart and took a few pictures here and there with my new phone! Yay! I can have some fun now. :) 
It all began when I looked out the back door window and saw a fawn under and nibbling at the umbrella tree. 
It's a little hard to see through the screen door, but it's right in the middle of the pic under the tree. :) He will be known as, "the culprit" - why?  Look below!
Yup. You know deer are around when you see shrubs half-eaten which is as high as the animal can reach to eat! :) 
Tell-tale signs of, "the culprit!"  :) 
This one is alone in the right side yard.
An old dog house for "Billy" when we used him as a guard dog after I was scared catching an intruder casing my house...he didn't think anyone was home...surprise!! Long story - cops got him and then I got "Billy."  When I felt safe we had a fence built and he became a house dog and was let in and out to his yard. He was a good dog and passed away many years ago - kept his house where it was.
I drove around the front yard and this is what our geraniums look like now - everything is slowing down and starting to draw their energy back.
The shrubs behind the pedestal are also deer food - I watched one put a branch in its mouth and then close its teeth and scrape the needles from back to front - smart! :) Looks terrible...and if you drive around town you will see shrubs that look just like our half-eaten ones! Hey...they have to eat, too, especially in winter. Let them...I don't turn any hungry animals away if they find something to eat in our yard, unless it's alive, and has a face! I hate when cats hunt birds and chipmunks, etc...to me...everything has a right to live. I chase hawks away when I see them sitting on the fence near the deck! They're just waiting for the little "wild ones" - not in my yard, so move on and fly away!!
We have a problem with vines climbing our big pine tree in the right corner of the front yard near the road. Have to call a landscape company - it's taking over and getting worse, so...
This is my prized possession! 
Of all the flowers we got for the yard and deck this spring and summer, this is my favorite and grew to be so beautiful and has flourished. Next year I want more of these succulents!! :) 
It's not even showing signs of slowing down...it's still loaded with buds! :)
So, that's a little look at my yard early fall...things happening and changing. And it all began with "the culprit!"  :)
(a bit dark in the shade - fawn is near the peonies bush near fence)

No comments: