Wednesday, April 7, 2021

Rufus Wainwright - Hallelujah (Live At The Fillmore) and Rufus Anew


~ Rufus Wainwright Then and Now ~
This is how I was introduced to Rufus Wainwright. I fell in love with his voice and this song. I watched this video over and over. Something happened not long after. I found that he was coming to UCONN  (University of Connecticut one hour from my house) so how could I not get tickets to see him? I got tickets and we did go to see him. It was thrilling!
The Jorgensen Theater at UCONN

And this is Rufus during last night's LIVE virtual concert at NY Winery in NYC. Quite a difference with all that facial hair, but he hasn't skipped a beat with his voice! He sounds exactly the same as 8 years ago.
He was singing "Hallelujah" as his curtain call!
Before that, he saved his most popular song and my personal favorite, "Cigarettes and Chocolate Milk!" :) The crowd (people there because it was somewhat sparse) went crazy...you'd have to know his songs to be excited, but I was...the last 2 songs really made the concert and the night!

His hands are amazing - he plays with his eyes closed most of the time! :) Very talented.

He introduced a guest, Joan W. I apologize, he didn't pronounce her last name well enough for me to write it down, but it sounded like (Waston?)
He's very good with the guitar, too, and sang several songs playing at the mike.


This was so worth paying $35 for...he performed for 90 minutes but that was show #1.  The price includes tonight's late show with newer material...can't beat that! Can't wait! It was special to see and hear him sing again after all these years. 
Thank you, Rufus, see you tonight!

















  

No comments: