Thursday, March 31, 2011

Garden Sanctuary


This beautiful sanctuary in a private garden is my place to sit and sun myself. I love being here and I am free to scratch at the grass and between the flowers and I am never punished because I am just doing what comes naturally.

Up the stairs is a shaded porch and behind that is my home where I sleep and eat there, too. I am let outside when they open the door or when I ask by sitting near the door to the porch. But this garden sanctuary is my favorite place to live. I know I have a good life and I know I am spoiled, but I also know it is sometimes called, love. I hear that word all the time, and deep down inside my stomach I know what love is between humans and animals. I have that with my family...love. I am a lucky fellow!

Blessed be the animals that aren't as lucky as I am. I will share my garden sanctuary if a stray animal wanders into my special place.

I learned what love is. There is enough to go around.

No comments: