Sunday, July 3, 2022

Nostalgic this Independence Day Weekend


I'm feeling nostalgic today and am feeling I want to live a simple life continuing to be thankful that I have a home and land and am in a country-like environment where I enjoy the birds, squirrels, deer, bunnies and a back deck filled with pots of flowers and a pretty umbrella above my chair to cover me when the sun is too hot on my skin. 
And then I listened to the news and came to tears when I heard, again, that many children do not eat unless they are in school. In America? And my thoughts went to Hollywood celebrities and athletes - the millionaires and billionaires who live in the same country as the homeless living in tents in our cities and children going hungry. 
Yes, I am grateful to live in America where I am free, but as time goes by, the word "freedom" is becoming more hollow and today I wonder what direction our freedom is going. This isn't the America I grew up in.
 It's time for Divine intervention.  
Live simply...Be thankful...and Pray 

 

No comments: