Thursday, March 18, 2021

Footprints - Coming and Going

I was talking to the Universe yesterday, as I do all the time wanting answers to questions and asking for Wisdom, and this was the response I received.

"Footprints - coming and going,

Do they leave a smile on your face...both ways?"

At first my mind went to a place and I had my answer to this question, but not so fast. I started to think about things like, whose footprints are they and are they the same person coming and going? There are numerous scenarios and different feelings to consider before answering this honestly. 

The truth is, it just "depends." 

You can be happy to see someone coming to visit and also be happy to see them leave. The same happiness may be that you love that person and they always make you smile, and maybe you smiled when they left because you knew you would see them again soon. That you had such a good time that when they left, your smile lasted a long while.

Or, what if you kept a smile on your face for the first few minutes of their visit, but things became awkward or disagreeable and when they left there was no smile and you were in fact, glad that the person left. 

What if you were watching a good movie and got into your pj's early for the occasion? You weren't happy to see anyone at that moment the knock on the door came. It didn't matter who it was...you just wanted to be cozy comfy and alone...with your cat!

There is no right or wrong answer to this question posed to me when I asked the Universe for a tidbit of Wisdom. It really became a head-scratcher when I started coming up with so many scenarios.

This is a great example of how to get in touch with how you really feel about making decisions about different situations that come up in life. Ask this question and apply your answers the next time you want to really know how you feel about something. 

I can't wait to hear more from the Universe - 

She is so wise!  :)


No comments: