Thursday, March 26, 2020

Sitting On The Fence - Sometimes Alone is Better


This is my safe place even though everyone in the world can read what I write and express, I am alone and this is my blog and this is where I come to sometimes vent and where I come to think out loud about my mistakes - repeating mistakes that obviously I haven't learned from, or maybe now I have, except I'm not sure how to move - stay put or get out - that's what I'm doing here right now.  Thinking about the best way to handle an uncomfortable situation and what do I really want to do. 
Looking for images for this post I found one with a saying: "If you sit on the fence too long it will start hurting you." 
That gave me the feeling that it's probably true and I shouldn't wait too long before I make a decision, and maybe that decision will lead to other decisions and that will be the end of my dilemma.
Have you ever joined a FB group and then after seeing what's going on and how much ego and competition is there with many wanting to be noticed you don't know if you belong?  Many are musicians, artists, writers wanting to share but what happens when you share what you do?  Everyone wants their form of creativity to be seen, heard, read, and then loved or liked and want comments. Then if your music or art or poem is passed by or not listened to or no comments are written...you get disappointed and wonder why you joined this group in the first place.  
www.iamalionunderthesun.com
 I have my own website where anyone can read my writings of all kinds: Poetry - Automatic Writing - Inspirational Writing - Song Lyrics and more.
I don't need to join a group where I can post my writings. It's already out there and I can share my links on my FB page anytime I want. And I do.
"Serpentine Crossing"
My paintings can be seen on my website:
Oils by Nancy
www.oilsbynancy.com
They are not for sale but they are for your viewing pleasure and reading pleasure as I have written a message given to me directly from the essence of the Spirit of each painting and can be read in the 
Spirit Art category.

So, I don't need a group to display my art and hope for comments and likes only to be disappointed if I don't get what I expect.  It's really sad and kind of stupid. The other thing is that you can get noticed by some who want to "friend" you.  But...I have learned quickly that they only want to keep you talking and commenting after viewing and listening and reading what they post!  They don't go to my personal page where I have my personal friends and connect there.  So why not just connect within the group and not "friend?"  Then there are those who "friend" you first and then invite you to a group to share all I have written about above.  That's when it gets weird.  How many of us on FB have friends that never go to your page?  I can count my loyal friends on one hand.  I keep posting on my page because I enjoy it. I am now starting to avoid reacting and commenting to those friends that are a "one way street." I don't think it's fair. So because it's one-sided I am stopping some interactions. Friends are give and take...they communicate.  People are strange and odd and sometimes I just want to be the "observer."  
I'll figure it out. It all depends how people make me feel. It always boils down to people! 
"Sometimes Alone is Better"






No comments: